- Almond shortcrust pastry: Mix the powdered ingredients with the cold, cubed butter. As soon as the mixture is completely smooth, add the cold eggs. Stop as soon as you have a homogeneous paste. Store in the refrigerator or spread out immediately. Bake at 300°F (150°C).
- Inspiration pressed shortcrust: Break the shortcrust pastry into pieces in an electric mixer, then incorporate the Éclat d’Or and the melted fruit couverture. Tip: You can use offcuts from the shortcrust you’ve made as part of your daily work on other products.
- Vanilla whippes ganache: Heat the smaller portion of cream. Infuse it with the vanilla pod and the lime zests for 20 minutes. Sieve through a chinois and rectify the cream’s weight. Add the glucose and inverted sugar. Slowly pour the hot mixture over the melted Opalys. Immediately mix using an electric mixer to make a perfect emulsion. Add the second portion of cold liquid cream. Mix again in an electric mixer. Leave to stiffen in the refrigerator, preferably for 12 hours. Whisk until the texture is consistent enough to use in a piping bag or with a spatula.
- Inspiration cream mix: Heat the fruit pulp with the glucose until the two reach a temperature of approx. 176°F (80°C), then add the gelatin (which you have rehydrated in advance). Slowly pour this mixture over the melted fruit couverture. Immediately mix using an electric mixer to make a perfect emulsion. Add the cold cream. Mix in the electric mixer again. Leave to stiffen in the refrigerator.
- Inspiration frosting: Use the sugar, fruit pulp and glucose to make a syrup, then cook at 220°F (104°C). Incorporate the sweetened condensed milk and the rehydrated gelatin, then gradually pour the mix out over the melted fruit couverture. Immediately mix using an electric mixer to make a perfect emulsion. Bring the Absolu Cristal to the boil, then add it to the smaller portion of water and colorant in order to slightly accentuate its vibrancy. Mix in an electric mixer. Store in the refrigerator. Leave to harden for 12 hours before use. USE: Reheat the frosting to 90-95°F (32-34°C), then mix it in an electric mixer to homogenize and to get rid of as many air bubbles as possible. Ice.
- Absolu spray mix: Bring the neutral Absolu Cristal Neutral Glaze to the boil in water. Immediately apply using a spray gun at about 175°F (80°C).
- Assembly: Make rounds of pressed shortcrust (approx. 15 g each) using a 6 cm diameter ring. Store in the refrigerator. Make a spiral of cream mix on top of the pressed shortcrust rounds (approx. 10 g) using a piping bag with a 6 mm diameter plain round nozzle. Store in the freezer. Line your 7,5 cm diameter rings with clear acetate. Whip up the whipped ganache, then pour about 45 g into each ring. Put the pressed shortcrust in place, making sure to put the cream mix on the same side as the ganache. Freeze. Turn out, then ice with Strawberry or Passionfruit Inspiration frosting. Use a piping bag with a 6mm diameter round nozzle to make a spiral of cream mix on top (approx. 15 g). Freeze. Add a layer of neutral glaze.
- Finishing: Put a metal rolling pin in the freezer. Use a piping bag (without a nozzle) and some pre-set fruit couverture to make the “eyebrows” and place them around the cream mix spiral.
ALMOND SHORTCRUST PASTRY
- 75 g Strong white bread flour
- 35 g Dry butter 84%
- 30 g Icing sugar
- 10 g Powdered almonds
- 0,5 g Salt
- 15 g Whole eggs
INSPIRATION PRESSED SHORTCRUST
- 150 g Almond shortcrust
- 150 g Éclat D'Or
- * 150 g INSPIRATION (strawberry, passionfruit, raspberry or yuzu)
VANILLA WHIPPED GANACHE
- 330 g UHT cream 35%
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 1 g Lime zest
- 30 g Glucose DE 38
- 30 g Inverted sugar
- 230 g Opalys 33%
- 500 g UHT cream 35%
INSPIRATION CREAM MIX
- * 180 g Fruit pulp (strawberry, passionfruit, raspberry or yuzu)
- 10 g Glucose DE 40
- 5 g Gelatin powder (220 bloom)
- 25 g Water for the gelatin
- * INSPIRATION (245 g strawberry, 280 g passionfruit, 235 g raspberry or 280 g yuzu)
- 360 g UHT cream 35%
- * 80 g Fruit pulp (strawberry, passion, raspberry or yuzu)
- 110 g Caster sugar
- 130 g Glucose DE 38
- 110 g Sweetened condensed milk
- 12 g Gelatin powder (220 bloom)
- 60 g Water for the gelatin
- * INSPIRATION (165 g strawberry, 185 g passion, 155 g raspberry or 190 g yuzu)
- 165 g Absolu cristal neutral glaze
- 16 g Water
- SQ Colorant
ABSOLU SPRAY MIX
- 700 g Absolu cristal neutral glaze
- 70 g Water